Home » Contests, Featured, Mama-razzi!, Moms, Notes From Motherhood

Photo Contest: Celebrating Imperfect Parenting!

27 May 2011 10 Comments

There’s a lot of pressure out there to be a perfect parent. To have the perfect sleeper, eater, and play-er all while pushing the perfect stroller. In reality, we’re all just doing what we can every day. Of course we want to do our best for our kids but we’re humans, not machines. In the world of baby caring where sleep is limited and tempers (both the toddler in your home and yours) run high, who needs the stress of trying to be a Perfect Mom?

Living rooms get messy. Dinner gets thrown together at the last second (and may include a microwave and or cereal bowl), and socks might not get changed but as long as baby is smiling and laughing through it all and sleeping (semi) soundly at night, haven’t you done a bang up job?

Next week marks the last week of Pregnancy Awareness Month. Let’s show first time moms-to be that motherhood can be laid back and FUN! Glossy magazines may present an image of parenting that is polished and all about the next trend…who has time for that?

We’re celebrating with an Imperfect Parenting Contest! One person will win a Twin Pack of BornFree Bottles.

How to Enter:

1. Email in or post an imperfect but delightful photo on Facebook. You know, the kind that would never make it into a magazine or be put in a baby modeling portfolio but that always makes you smile.

Kids busy at crushing cereal on the family's leather couches.

2. Get a bonus entry by leaving a comment below about an awesomely imperfect parenting moment.

“I once dropped my daughter off at daycare without shoes on. Good thing they have carpet!”

Be imperfect and proud! Contest ends next week. Good luck!
The winner is….Christina Brundick with the below photo. Thank you for posting your hilarious photo! Christina, please email moms@newbornfree.com.

The Grand Prize Winner of the Toddler Cup Trio is …Cortney Bedford with the below photo! Please email moms@newbornfree.com. :)

• Kim O said:

Leaving the baby under her 2 older brothers supervision for a minute. Discovering she could climb the bunk bed stairs :O !!!

• Christina Brundick said:

telling my then 2 yr old daughter we couldn’t go to the playground that day before going into clean the bathroom. Heard the front door close and found her halfway down our apartment building stairway. Then learned we had to keep the dead bolt on because she could escape!

• Amanda said:

Skyping for a conference call for work, while breastfeeding baby (skype was just audio of course), then while boss is talking, baby farts incredibly loud!

• Ashley Z said:

I locked my keys, cell phone, wallet and BABY in the car outside Babies R Us! I had to call 911 to get them to come open the door for me… all the cop said was “at least you aren’t parked in front of a bar or something!”

• Trish B. said:

one of my older kids forgot to put shoes on before we left the house to go to an appointment. the only extra shoes in the car where a pair of rhinestone flip-flops. you guessed it! I made him wear them because running home for shoes was not an option.

• arely colin said:

most of the time when i am home with my girls , they only wear diapers, i am to tired to put some t shirts on them

• Heidi said:

Walked away to stir dinner and came back to find my one year old handing her 7 month old sister poop..and she was chewing on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jennifer Pabor Arney said:

I was talking on the cell phone while at the grocery store….of course not paying attention to my 7 year old son who had stopped to pick out his favorite cereal. So bummed into him and knocked him to the ground and partially ran over him!! He got up yelled “thanks a lot mom” and I felt horrible….almost as horrible as the looks everyone else in the aisle was giving me!

• Ashly said:

After reading your blog post I browsed your website a bit and noticed you aren’t ranking nearly as well in Google as you could be. I possess a handful of blogs myself and I think you should take a look here: http://bit.ly/lSy1Zd You’ll find it’s a very nice tool that can bring you a lot more visitors. Keep up the quality posts

• Andre Botterbusch said:

Watching a young child grow is a wonderful and unique experience for a parent. Learning to sit up, walk, and talk are some of the more major developmental “milestones” your child will achieve. But your child’s growth is a complex and ongoing process. Young bodies are constantly going through a number of physical and mental changes.Although no two children develop at the same rate, they should be able to do certain things at certain ages. As a parent, you are in the best position to note your child’s development, and you can use the milestones described below as guidelines.^

Remember to pay a visit to our online site
    <,http://www.foodsupplementdigest.com/horse-chestnut-benefits/