Home » Contests, Moms

A Message of Hope from BornFree® Japan

24 March 2011 8 Comments

As you already know, Japan has been going through a tragic disaster that has dramatically affected the lives of many families, mothers, and babies. Our hearts are with this country and their people who have been such an inspiration to all of us.

We’ve been in close contact with BornFree® Japan and our team members, led by our BornFree® Japan Mom Ambassador, Keiko, have been keeping us updated. We’re so happy to be able to say that our team in Japan is safe.

photo credit: fitorfat.com

Keiko is the mother of a 3-year-old girl and is 7 months pregnant and wanted to share a message with all of you:

“It’s been two weeks since the great earthquake in Japan, and the number of death and missing are over 25,000, and more than 500,000 are still evacuating from disaster area or nuclear issue. Everyday we see the news on paper and TV about the little kids who lost both parents, still looking for their missing moms, moms who lost their kids….very very sad stories. Relief supplies are still difficult to reach people’s hand efficiently because of the level of disaster (streets and bridges are broken, serious shortage of gas etc). The other two BornFree® Japan Ambassadors and I have been talking about how we can help. We heard on the news that Twitter and Skype have been working better than cellphone or land phone lines in some disaster area. If your community is willing, we’d love to receive some encouraging words from worldwide to Japanese moms and babies who are going through rough times, to let them know our heart goes to them….we will translate them and share those on Japanese BornFree® Twitter and Facebook.- Keiko

A little taste of BornFree Japan

Please leave your kind words or hope and encouragement for moms and families in Japan below! We know how full of amazing people our community is and can’t wait to pass along your sentiments. Because Saturday, March 26th is BornFree Day, we’ll be choosing two commenters to send a Twin Pack of any bottle or cup variety of their choice. http://www.newbornfree.com

This is just part of our plan to step up for families in Japan. We’ll keep all of you updated and have a second message from Keiko soon!

The winner is Cielo with the email address: jorda*******@gmail.com

• Amanda said:

I think and pray daily for families and all my friends who live in Japan. There is not one person that this has not touched in some way. It is very hard, but eventually Japan and her people will heal. All my love goes to mothers and babies who have suffered such loss these last weeks. <3

• karen M said:

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Japanese people and hope that International support can be brought to help out those in need.Hope, peace and serenity for those affected. The world weeps for you.

• Cielo said:

Japan is known as the “Land of the Rising Sun”…and just as the sun shines brightly on the rest of the world, Japan will rise from the ashes very, very soon. I lived in Tokyo for 7 years, and I only have this to say…YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY! Don’t let this tragedy destroy your dreams for your children. The Japanese people are hardworkers that’s why I believe that they will overcome this disaster. The future shines bright for Japan and the japanese people. You just have to believe that it will happen! :-) Have faith…the Lord never sleeps! :-) If he puts you through it, He’ll help you get through it, and He’ll see you through it! My prayers for all Japanese mothers and their children!

• Amy Thomas said:

Prayers are being sent to the people of Japan!!

• Kristen H. said:

You and your children are in my thoughts and prayers every day. At such a heartbreaking time, I hope you are finding comfort in your beautiful family and friends. It’s hard to know why God would ever put so many people through such a devastating event, but all of you will come out stronger for it. Praying for your health, safety and for anyone you may have lost during this tragedy. A big hug from the USA!

• christine said:

I am praying for everyone in Japan. The thought of all the pain and lose hurts my heart. I wish i could be there to lend my help. but since i couldnt personally i have donated to the red cross and will continue to pray. As a mother i truely know the pain of seeing your child hurt although i havn’t expereince the pain all of the mothers there are going through i still feel it in my heart. Theres nothing like a mothers love. Please keep your heads up because sunshine will come in your lives again. And remember its ok to cry and let it out because things will get better. Good things come to those who wait.
    may god bless every single one of you

• arely colin said:

“LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song”

Things aren’t always as they appear. Sometimes what seems to be the end is really just a new beginning. Like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly .The way to approach problems is to have a positive attitude

• Cielo said:

Japan’s hope is in a bottle….a BORNFREE bottle.. :-) Thank you, BORNFREE! :-)