Home » Contests, Featured

You’d Never Guess That_______.

24 September 2010 40 Comments

When you become a mom it pretty much takes over your whole identity. Almost everything my friends and I talk about, read about, buy, and do has to do with motherhood and raising children. Every now and then I remember, oh wait, I do have other interests…there was life before motherhood!

Share something about yourself in the comments below that no one would ever guess about you. Something that doesn’t have to do with being a mama. Have you climbed Mount Everest? Been to India? Love swing dancing? We want to know!

One person who comments with something funny, interesting, or cool about themselves will win 4 Bottles or Cups of their choice.

Bonus Prizes

If you bring a friend who is new to the BornFreeMom.com community and she posts as well, both of you will win and receive bonus prize.

Let us know that you shared this with your friends by posting on our Facebook wall “I shared the ‘You’d Never Guess’ contest with my friends!”

Good luck!

The winner is Katharine with the email address Kat****@yahoo.com! Her comment “I shot myself while fishing.”

• Elizabeth said:

I have 6 tattoos and a full sleeve. Most the time they are all covered up so a lot of people don’t know I have them!

• Erin said:

You’d never guess that…I am one of Santa’s little helpers. Between the end of October and Christmas I personalize somewhere in the ballpark of 2500 ornaments. I take it very personally…thinking of each baby, engaged couple or whatever the occasion and how those people will cherish that ornament for life. It’s very gratifying.

• Stephanie said:

You never guessed that I rode on an ostrich while vacationing in Malaysia. I was the only one out of the whole group who did not fall or slide off. You had to squeeze your legs and hold on to the wings to stay on the bird. It was the wildest thing I ever did.

• Sylvia Fife said:

I have been skydiving twice now :-)

• katharine sweatt said:

I shot myself while fishing.

• katy said:

I love rap music!

• Megan said:

I used to have a radio show, which people wouldn’t think b/c i’m in business now

• Monika said:

You’d never guess that I have to Master degrees, because I’m happiest being a stay at home mommy!

• Monika said:

You’d never guess that I have two Master degrees, because I apparently can’t spell in the above post! (I’m also 38 weeks pregnant, and a brain full of mush).

• Samantha B said:

I love to play online roleplaying games like Vanguard and Everquest.

• Susan Myers said:

YOu would never guess that I sock skate in the kitchen.

• Jessie L said:

You’d never guess that I love being a couch potato.

• Rachel said:

I love trying new recipes! One of my favorite things is discovering new restaurants and trying to replicate the recipes at home! It’s an exceptional challenge since I have no formal training… It just makes it that much more interesting!

• Elizabeth M said:

I am heavily involved with my sorority. When with the girls itslike I’m in college still! I also take a mother-daughter trip with my mom. This year we went to Graceland!!

• Candi said:

That in my prior life (ie before DH & my girls) I was one of the first cocktail waitresses at the MI casinos when they opened.

• Kristy said:

if I see a spider in the house I don’t kill it, if it is relatively small. And I hate pretty much all bugs!

• Charlene said:

Im still afraid of the dark, I hate it and I have to have the TV on so I can fall asleep, horrible I know :(

• Tonya said:

I dream of learning to play the piano, becoming a singer and traveling. with 5 kids all of those are put on the back burner but I wouldn’t trade my life with my kids!!! I’m so very blessed to be a MOM!! NO greater joy than to hear them say” Mom your the best, I love you!!”

• Amy said:

You’d never guess that, although I am as white, as tall, and as blonde as they come, I am fluent in Spanish.

• Leslie Flores said:

That i beleive in ghost stories. I can’t watch a scary movie and then walk through the house alone LOL

• Fran said:

That I have piercings that you cannot see

• Beth D said:

I got married at Disney.

• Gina said:

You’d Never Guess That_______.

My 4 year old son had gone to visit my parents for a week, so I took a vacation to Hawaii by myself to see some old friends. We had a lot of fun and harmless (aside of going skydiving) adventures that week, but one night we decided to go skinny dipping in the ocean. We arrived, stripped off our clothes and jumped right in. Shortly after getting into the water we hear a roar of voices. To our surprise it was a party of people coming to do the exact same thing! It looked to be approximately 50 people or so. No sooner than most of them started jumping into the water, we rushed out to get away from all these naked strangers. We reached the shore and suddenly we were being blinded by a really bright spotlight. It was the cops!!! Eeek! Frantic to find our clothes in the midst of this chaos along with 50+ other people scrambling to not get busted. Naked bodies EVERYWHERE! We finally found out clothes and got out of there. I could not believe how close I had been to getting hauled off in a paddy wagon for “indecent exposure” on a beach! How would I ever come to explain that one on my record? Lived and learned. I will never do that again. lol

• Megs M said:

That although I still have some Xmas decorations out, I hated Xmas for years and seriously contemplated boycotting it at one point. Now I love it but there was a period of about 5 years where anything Xmas related made me cringe.

• Sarah said:

I broke up the band my hubby (Boyfriend at the time) was in. Think Yoko Ono and The Beatles.

• Heidi S said:

You would never guess that:

I am the only child out of 5 that does not have cancer, both parents and all my siblings have cancer and so far I am the only cancer-free one in the family, praying to pass it on to my two daughters as well.

• Cathy Eleftheriadis said:

I saw the changing of the guard at Lennon’s tomb in what is now St. Petersburg, Russia when I was in high school!!

You’d never guess that…I used to hunt deer and antelope every fall with my dad. We would head west and stay in an RV in the Black Hills for a week. It was so much fun!! I miss it and hopefully as my boys get older I can join “the boys” again. =)

• Katy G. said:

For 3 years I was the State Champion in my age category for 22 rifle shooting in Kentucky. I’m an outdoors girl and wish I had more time to enjoy it! :)

• Christina said:

I love the few stretch marks I got while I was pregnate. After 5 months of bedrest and 6 months of non-contractions pills each litle stretch mark was just another step closer….

• Katie said:

You would never guess:

That I broke my wrist and 2 weeks after I got my cast off I ended up falling and breaking my other wrist :(

• brittany b. said:

no one would ever guess that i wanna go to school to be a baby delivery doctor! no one would guess that because when i was a child i would cry at the sight of blood.

• Amy said:

I shared the ‘You’d Never Guess’ contest with my friends!

• Wendy said:

You’d never guess I have my Christmas shopping done for my 3 month old daughter, and started listening to Christmas music in my car!

• Virgilio Krammer said:

The heart of your writing while sounding agreeable initially, did not sit well with me personally after some time. Somewhere throughout the sentences you actually managed to make me a believer unfortunately just for a while. I nevertheless have a problem with your jumps in assumptions and you might do nicely to fill in all those gaps. In the event you can accomplish that, I could undoubtedly be impressed.

• Rose Elkington said:

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!Arlington Residential Commercial Roofing, 5902 Willow Branch, Arlington, TX 76017 – (817) 606-8773

• エルメス カードケース 正規品 said:

Greetings I am so delighted I found your site,
    I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round
    interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
    read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do
    keep up the fantastic work.

my website … エルメス カードケース 正規品

• medical negligence solicitors said:

Even as WASA currently claims the lead content is not harmful, this is still questionable to many parents, activists,
    environmentalists, andd ldad experts. As the medical negligence for miscarriage is increasing then misdiagnosis
    negligence caims are also increasing with the same stampede.
    A defect in a path or road does not mean iit is a hazard.

• Horace said:

Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this site
    [Horace] is really good and the visitors are actually sharing fastidious thoughts.

• Bosnian/American Band AXA / INGRAY - Live In Concerts said:

…Listen to some great music here…

[...] Look for AXA – one of the most interesting BiH rock bands from the late 90′s – early 00′s. The band later changed it’s name to INGRAY, went to USA and released several unique materials for different publishers. It’s founder, established creat…