Home » Notes From Motherhood

What To Do For Father’s Day?

7 June 2010 40 Comments

Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat.  Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher’s mound.  Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together.  Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.  ~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968

Father’s Day is right around the corner. June 20th to be exact. I’m trying to think of something special to do for my husband. We’ll definitely make breakfast in bed but after that I’m at a loss!

Here are a few of my ideas:

• Picnic
  • Boating
  • Bar-b-que
  • Hike

What kind of fun activities do you plan for Father’s Day? Do you give gifts?

Comment below: One person will win a Twin-Pack of Drinking Cups!

Winner! The contest is Mercedes with the email address sad****@yahoo.com! Thanks for entering!

Share this post by clicking “Like” or “Share on Facebook” and leave an extra comment as a bonus entry.

• Shannon said:

I am hoping to do a breakfast for my husband and then spend the day doing stuff he loves to do. We may go to a baseball game (our son’s first baseball game). Go for a long walk and take pictures in the park. He already knows what he would like for Fathers day, so I am leaving him to his own devices for a gift. Basically it boils down to whatever he decides is the way he wants to spend his day.

• angela m said:

i think my 5 year old daughter and i will make breakfast in bed for my husband ,and maybe plan to go on a picnic..

I’m planning on getting a fishing license do my son and husband can spend the day fishing together, and having a family picnic.

• Jen N said:

Every year is the same. We send daddy off with his daddy to a golf course, whatever one they really want to play, for the whole day. Then they end up back here for a BBQ and a beer (or two…lol). It’s always the same but they love it! Of course we throw in the homemade father’s day cards and lots if kisses too.

• Katy G. said:

This is my husbands very first Father’s Day! He is really wanting family pictures done and for it to be a tradition for every Father’s Day to come. I think this will be so neat and special for him. Our daughter is 4 months old and I have bought a hand print kit to paste her hand in to also give him. I’m also going to cook breakfast after I let him sleep in and get his well deserved rest.

• Katy G. said:

I liked!!

• Katy G. said:

I also shared on Facebook! :)

• Jen N said:

Oops, forgot to post “I Liked”.

• Brittany B. said:

This is my husbands very first Father’s Day!! Im going to get mine and our daughter’s pictures made and framed just for Daddy! she will be wearing a dress he picked out because it is orange which is his favorite color!! He is going to have the best Father’s Day anyone could ask for and i know he will enjoy showing off these pictures of his little angel!!

• Amanda Cruz said:

I am hoping our fourth child will be born on that day! I think that would make a perfect gift for my husband :-) I’ll be way too pregnant and uncomfortable to leave the house that day, but I would love to cook a yummy meal for my family and rent some movies. We can all snuggle on the couch together and hope I go into labor! ;-)

• Janice said:

Hoping to spend the day with just the three of us. Maybe take DH out to the batting cages. ;) Something we’ve been meaning to do for sometime now!

• Jill V said:

I think a family trip to the Philly or Cape may zoo is in order.

• Jessica E said:

We have a huge family cook out, and I always let the kids make him breakfast in bed and then he usually goes back to sleep for a while and I entertain the kids so he can get some rest because he works so hard for our family which allows me to be a stay at home mom.

• Jessica E said:

I liked on facebook.

• Amelia Thompson said:

This year for Father’s Day we’re going to go fishing for the first since the kids showed up. :-) We’ll even haul the grill out to the river in case we actually catch something. But if not? We’ll bring along some burgers and dogs as backup. Should be a great day!!!

• Amelia Thompson said:

I “liked” this.

• Shannon said:

I shared this too!!

• Toni Thomason said:

We are cooking breakfast in bed, a nice yummy lunch, and hearty dinner. For Father’s Day, me and my two boys will give daddy his favorite, a day of sports!!!!

• Toni Thomason said:

I “Liked” this as well.

• Elizabeth Keller said:

Really, whatever Daddy wants! I’m sure he’ll want some quality kid time… and then some quality Daddy-only time. (golf course maybe?)

• Elizabeth Keller said:

I “liked” this!

• Jessica Allen said:

We do breakfast for Daddy and give him a fun, homemade Father’s Day gift! This year, my oldest is almost 2 so he can actually help in the breakfast-making! :) And I plan on making a plaque that says World’s Best Daddy with the boys’ hand prints! :)

• Jessica Allen said:

I ‘like’ this giveaway!

• Desiree Nastase said:

We are getting Cooper all dressed up in his baseball gear and doinga photo shoot. We are then using the photos to decorate the bathroom we installed in the basement that my husband has no idea about! He never goes in that “closet” so he has no idea what is going on! So excited! This is his first fathers day, so we want it to be extra special.

Doing a BBQ and making dad a special t shirt

i liked

• Amanda said:

I am getting proud papa sunglasses and letting him pick what to do that day. Doing what he used to do with his dad, one of his favorite memories. I will also make him a fantastic gourmet meal. Our son wont be a month old yet, so options might be a little limited. None the less I am going to make it a memorable day for dad!!!

• Claudia Beal said:

My 10-month old and I are taking Daddy to a Korean bbq brunch in the park hosted by a local food vendor. All organic and local foods in our beautiful Metroparks will make for a perfect start to the day. And we will be giving him 2 new Lee Allison ties (his favorite).

• Larissa said:

This year Father’s day falls on my dad’s birthday as well so it’s going to be a very busy day to say the least!! My husband gets breakfast in bed, then the kids homemade gifts and treats. Dad gets to relax while we serve him for the day. Pleanty of bike rides, baseball, walks and tickle fights:) This is my husbands first Father’s Day with 5 kiddos so it’s going to be a blast! Then it’s time to doubly spoil Grampa. We’ll have a BBQ, swimming, and maybe get Grampa on the trampoline…haha. We’ll have more outdoor fun than should be legal in one day ;)

• Larissa said:

I “liked” this! :)

• Larissa said:

I shared this as well!

• Mercedes said:

My husband LOVES baseball, and this is his first father’s day. i bought a plain baseball, and am inking my daughters hand print onto it. Then we are going to spread a picnic onto the living room floor, with hotdogs, nachos, peanuts, popcorn, etc, and watch the Reds game (since we aren’t brave enought to fight the crowd at a live MLB game on father’s day!!). he also loves tomatoes, so i bought him a teeny baby tomato plant at target – from the baby, of course!

• Jen said:

My daughter painted her daddy a picture frame at a paint your own pottery place, and she will be giving the frame to daddy with a picture of her and her sister. If the weather cooperates, we will be going to the park for a picnic, otherwise, just letting dad relax and not have to worry about any housework!

• Jen said:

I also “liked” this!

• Heather said:

My boys and I are going to surprise my husband with a new acoustic guitar. He’s been wanting a new one for quite some time now. He hasn’t bought it, because he’d rather buy things for the kids. He’s plays country music, so I would like to have him do a photo shoot with his new guitar for his website! I will also be taking him to his favorite Thai restaurant.

• Heather said:

I also like this!

• kristen said:

A very quiet day with some presents and all the love we can give !! Maybe a movie (at home of coarse) but he deserves a million things I can’t give but I know if we just spend the day together with the kids then he will be happy!!!!!

• kristen said:

I shared!

• Michelle said:

We are taking Daddy to the golf course and cheering for him while he is playing. I got my Abby (9 months old) some cute golf baby gear and we are reday to have a great day with what daddy loves the most – us and his Golf! :)

• Elizabeth Keller said:

Congrats!!! So jealous. Can’t wait to try one!